I have to be honest. Finishing a big project with nothing else on your calendar can be stressful. When you make your living as a freelance writer, having multiple projects in the pipeline is business-critical.
However, if you don’t have anything new on your calendar, the important thing is to stay calm. Ebbs and flows are normal in any business.
The most important thing to remember is you can’t sit idly by and wait for something to happen. You have to be proactive. Take advantage of the lull and leverage the downtime into something constructive.
- Take a course or learn a new skillset.
- Reconnect with old clients and rekindle those relationships.
- Revisit your website to bring it up-to-date or make it evergreen.
- Work on admin tasks that you’ve been putting off.
- Reach out to new prospects and build up your network.
Any of these tasks will benefit you and your business, resulting in your ability to land your next client. And if one gets away, just remember, there’s always a bigger fish.
Until next time, may the Force be with you…